I enjoy making bread. It all started a few years ago when my brother Maeser showed me how he made his delicious bread and rolls. He can make rolls that melt in your mouth. He is also a fantastic cook. If you haven’t had his special Navajo tacos then you haven’t had a perfect meal yet.
I have always enjoyed baking, but I never did bread because I thought it was too hard. I was wrong. My challenge now is to make healthier bread. Meredith is big on getting our family to eat better food. She watches everything we eat like a hawk. Our kitchen pantry and fridge has slowly transformed. For example, all of our pasta is now 100% whole wheat pasta. I could provide a thousand other examples, but I don’t have that much time. If you have questions on what she has done, you will have to ask her. She is an expert!
The challenge she has given me is to try and not bake with white flour. She would like me to use 100% whole wheat flour for every recipe, but sometimes when you do that it just doesn’t taste good.
So, we received a bread recipe from some friends that is half white flour and half whole wheat. It is great bread. Over the past year I have tweaked it just a little and man is it delicious. It still isn’t 100% whole wheat, but we are getting there. Let me know if you want to try it. I make an extra loaf each time I make bread.
I am interested in your 100% whole wheat recipes. If you have a favorite and you wouldn’t mind sharing, please let me know.
Also, my new loaf pans are amazing. These were a gift from my mother-in-law. They definitely bake my bread in a more consistent manner. I highly recommend them!

You and your delicious bread! I need more.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I love those loaf pans. I'm glad to hear they work so well. I may have to pick up a few.
Glad you like the bread. I will make more for you this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteWho are you guys? Seriously, Rachie & Kristin and I were just talking about how you guys all cook and none of the girls do. How did this happen to both of our families?
ReplyDeleteHowever, I do have a fantastic 100% whole wheat bread recipe that my friend can make absolutely perfectly and it is seriously so delicious (I have yet to reach perfection in bread-making, but I also don't try it very often). I shall email it to you.
Whit,
ReplyDeleteI must say that my brothers are much better cooks than I am. But yes, it is kinda funny how this all worked out.
Now for the recipe that you have, send it on over. I am excited to give it a try!!