One of the things the grandkids love to do is play in Rock Meadow. This is a part of Grannie’s back yard. I think it started with Cate, but now it is a regular spot for the kids when they come to visit Grannie and Papa. I am not sure who named it Rock Meadow, but I bet you it was Cate. What do the kids do here? They throw rocks into the canal. They have thrown so many rocks, I am surprised that boats can still get by. Grannie and Papa make sure they keep a steady supply of rocks with trips to Lowes or Home Depot to replenish the supply. If they were to drain the lake, they would find a nice collection of river rock in this part of the canal. The kids also like to climb the tree, but it isn’t called Tree Meadow. This location is also used by the grandkids to eat food that they probably aren’t supposed to have because it’s close to dinner time. I don’t blame them though. Their Grannie is one of the most generous people that I know. She keeps the shelves stocked like you just walked into a Costco. Many a bags of chips, popsicles, Oreos, gogurts and more have been eaten here. The kids love Rock Meadow and who wouldn’t.
I love Rock Meadow. The first time I went to Mere's parents house, Cate took me there and told me all about Rock Meadow. It is a peaceful little place. So Cute!
ReplyDeleteYep. Cate named it rock meadow right when Grannie and Papa moved there, so she must have been 4-5 yrs. old then.
ReplyDeleteThey are going to completely empty out the lake this year so we can see the canal and find out if there really is a pile of rocks in front of rock meadow.
I knew that it had to be Cate that named it.
ReplyDeleteIt will be interesting to see when they drain the lake.